Monday, October 11, 2010

Beach Retreat

Last Monday, poor Hailey got bitten all over her torso (not sure what bit her) and had an allergic reaction-she was a trooper though! Those went away by Thursday.  On Friday, she was stung by a wasp-again, it was cured with a smoothie! Kids really are quite resilient, so I'm learning. I was hesitant to leave the kids overnight to go on this retreat after the week we had, but Phil was awesome and encouraged me to go-yes, he's great!
This "retreat" was at a gorgeous beachfront penthouse, and about a dozen women came and went throughout the weekend.  It was perfect! Very laid back, lots of food, pool/beach time and good ol' talking into the wee hours of the night. I brought Dominic with me to stay the 2nd night, and although we slept little, it was worth it.  Friendships take time.  And with two little ones, play dates don't really allow me the time to do too many "getting-know-you" conversations. Or it's interrupted and you can't get past the usual niceties-i.e. "how old are your kids?" and then it's "mommy mommy I have to go potty!!".  So this weekend really helped me get to know a great group of women I hope to become closer to.
A few quick tid-bits from our week:

1. Dom's officially walking! It took a few weeks from those first steps, but now he's able to get from room to room on foot! He's also babbling like crazy, and signing "more" "please" and "all-done"-what else could a boy need to say?!

2.  Hailey was so excited to leave this morning, she took it upon herself to dress Dominic.  And no one got hurt ;) I came out to find him sitting still (won't do that for me!) while she was desperately trying to snap the two snaps on his shirt.

3.  We took our first trip to the Naples Zoo on Thursday, and we really enjoyed ourselves!  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera...but will be sure to get some pics next time!

Here's a pic from the beach retreat:

"What does it profit you to give God one thing if He asks of you another? Consider what it is that God wants, and then do it."  Saint John of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment