Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting Started

Since our move from San Diego, Ca. to Naples, Fl. I've embraced the world of blogging.  I've really enjoyed reading blogs, mostly of other Catholic Moms, a few I know personally, but mostly of beautiful women I'll never meet.  I've found so much inspiration in my vocation as a wife and mother.  I'm not sure where my blog will lead me, but I look forward to having a chronicle of our lives for our children.  Please excuse any incorrect grammar/misspellings.  I pray my words bring smiles, laughs, and encouragement!

We've been in Naples for 6 months now, and it took hosting the kids Birthdays at our condo for me to finally finish unpacking...sad but true.  Knowing my in-laws and some friends would be over spurred us into a real cleaning frensy!  When we moved, Phil only had 2 days off between jobs, and one was spent flying cross-country.  So, those first few weekends were spent getting settled, unpacking necessities, and attempting to make the transition as smooth as possible for the little ones.  Inevitably, there were a half dozen boxes left in the dining room that wouldn't fit in the closets or storage unit accross the hall.  How we ever fit everything into our 700 sq. foot apt. in Cali I'll never know...this place is about 1200sq. ft and feels like a mansion! So the said boxes ended up in the corner of our dining room...collecting more junk on top.  Needless to say, I had to do some packing/re-packing, and purging of a few things, but everything is officially "put away"! Whew! Just in time for birthdays-which meant presents...and more organizing.

We spent two wonderful weekends celebrating birthdays.  Hailey, Dominic and Phil's Birthdays are all two weeks apart, so we combined them into two days of parties with each of our families.  It was extra-special for my family to be apart of this, as we've been living in California for the last three years.   Phil's family lives there part of the year, and we enjoyed many celebrations with them, and really took advantage of most of his family being nearby!  And we grew very close to our friends, who became like family to us!  However, there was always an ache in my heart, for especially my mom, who I knew missed so dearly being there for birthdays and holidays.  So this year was as close to perfect as I could have imagined.  Dominic actually took his first steps towards MY Grandmother at Hailey's party! Thank you Jesus for giving us all that special moment...I'm tearing up just thinking about it.



Dom taking his first steps at the Grandparents' house

Grandmommy, Uncle Billy and Hailey with her princess cake

After this post, I'll be doing a little back tracking and reminiscing how we got to where we are today...hope you enjoy reading about our journey as much as I do writing about it!

Today is Respect Life Sunday, so I'll leave you with this:

"The true measure of civilization, a universal and permanent measure which includes all cultures, is its relationship with life...and the unborn." (Words of John Paul II, the Great)

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to see you guys and read about what is going on in your lives. We miss you terribly, but are so happy that you are closer to your mom...and that you have a bigger apartment! :-) Wish Phil a happy birthday for us!
    Love you,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete